By Ana-Elba Pavon
Latin American celebrations--rich in cultural importance and Latin history--present possibilities in the course of the calendar 12 months to arrive out to all populations with attractive courses and actions. The easy-to-organize tasks during this ebook are geared up round vital Latino vacations and are encouraged by means of artesenfas (Latino folks artwork) traditions which have been handed down from iteration to new release. And, simply because every one venture is tied to literature, little ones get the examining computer virus early! With greater than seventy five particular illustrations and step by step directions for making mask, cornhusk dolls, beads, paper flora, pinatas, and Incan headdresses, the inventive actions during this publication do not require dear or unique fabrics. additionally integrated are effortless recipes for such delectables as tamales and gorditas. every one bankruptcy comprises an task for preschoolers, after-schoolers (over 6 years old), and households (all ages). comparable assets assist you to show each one craft venture right into a accomplished application by means of incorporating songs, poems, and books.
Read or Download 25 Latino Craft Projects (Celebrating Culture in Your Library Series) PDF
Best library management books
Brimming with proposal and ideas, this ebook is a uncomplicated how-to consultant for brand spanking new basic academics and schooling scholars. the writer presents a whole first-day plan, mother or father interplay ideas, and ideas for developing studying facilities and integrating seasonal actions. Written in a conversational type, the textual content is punctuated with a laugh and poignant tales from the author's 32 years in basic school rooms.
A few scholars are extra "challenging" than such a lot. This booklet is helping institution librarians hinder, care for, and triumph over self-discipline difficulties they could face whilst speaking with K–12 scholars. • Index offers easy accessibility to information regarding particular themes and teams of scholars
In the event you photograph a librarian, what do you think? An previous white girl with glasses and a prudish disposition? that's the snapshot that many folks conjure up while requested to photograph a librarian; with eighty two consistent with cent of the pro strength being woman and the common age of a librarian at forty five, coupled with renowned stereotypical photographs, it really is tricky to dispute the perceptions.
Publication by way of
- The Teen-Centered Book Club: Readers into Leaders (Libraries Unlimited Professional Guides for Young Adult Librarians Series)
- Reinvention of the Public Library for the 21st Century
- Advances in Library Administration and Organization, Volume 24 (Advances in Library Administration and Organization) (Advances in Library ... in Library Administration & Organization)
- Continuous Average Control of Piecewise Deterministic Markov Processes (SpringerBriefs in Mathematics)
- Managing Electronic Reserves
- Academic Branch Libraries in Changing Times (Chandos Information Professional Series)
Extra resources for 25 Latino Craft Projects (Celebrating Culture in Your Library Series)
Supplies 3. Glue the second piece of blue construction paper on the bottom of the white construction paper. White 18ЉЉ ϫ 12ЉЉ Background (it goes underneath—others are glued on top of white paper) 4. Glue the colored coat of arms in the center of the white construction paper. one 18Љ ϫ 12Љ white construction paper sheet two 18Љ ϫ 3½Љ blue construction paper pieces copy of the coat of arms on white paper glue sticks crayons Instructions 1. Color the coat of arms with crayons. 2. Glue one piece of the blue construction paper on the top of the white construction paper.
BRAZIL Green 18ЉЉ ϫ 12ЉЉ The Brazilian flag bears the motto “Ordem e Progresso” (“Order and Progress”). The green and golden-yellow colors symbolize forests and minerals. Portugal colonized Brazil, and blue and white are Portugal’s historic colors. Supplies one 18Љ ϫ 12Љ green construction paper sheet one 9Љ ϫ 8½Љ piece of yellow or golden yellow construction paper in the shape of a parallelogram (a four-sided figure with less than 90-degree angles) one 5½Љ (circumference) blue construction paper circle one ½Љ ϫ 6Љ white construction paper semiarched strip 27 white construction paper stars (small, mediumsized, and large) blue marker or crayon glue sticks 22 Hispanic Heritage Month White Semiarched Strip ½ЉЉ ϫ 6ЉЉ Blue Circle 5½ЉЉ Circumference Yellow Parallelogram 9ЉЉ ϫ 8½ЉЉ Instructions 1.
5. With a small piece of corn husk, tie the narrow pointed ends together approximately 2Љ from the top. 30 Hispanic Heritage Month 6. Turn the husks inside out, and fold the wide ends over the small tied piece so that the wide piece opens up. This will become the head. 7. Take a small strip of corn husk and tie it around the husk an inch below the fold to create a head. 8. Take one corn husk and flatten it so that it forms a triangle. Make sure the narrow pointed end points away from you. 9. Take one corn husk and flatten it so that it forms a triangle, but make sure the narrow pointed end points toward you.